The English Pronouncing Dictionary is an excellent resource for both native and non-native English speakers. It is designed to help you improve your pronunciation and understand spoken English. The dictionary includes over 18,000 words and phrases, and over 70,000 audio recordings. You can listen to the recordings online or download them to your computer. The dictionary also includes a phonetic alphabet to help you identify the pronunciation of each word.
Installing and using the English Pronouncing Dictionary for PC will be easy if you know its technical specifications first. Let’s get you through them real quick:
English Pronouncing Dictionary Andorid App Summary
Cambridge Learning (Cambridge University Press) has developed the English Pronouncing Dictionary application for Android mobiles. You will find this app under the Books & Reference category on Play Store. English Pronouncing Dictionary has over 688508 users with a great 2.6 rating overall. The latest version of English Pronouncing Dictionary is currently 188.8.131.52.
The latest upstate time of the English Pronouncing Dictionary is Mar 3, 2017, meaning that the developers keep it up to date. As you cannot use it directly on a computer, you have to use an Android emulator. We prefer using BlueStacks, Memu, or Nox Player as the best ones in the market.
To help you install the English Pronouncing Dictionary on your PC, we’ll also include a detailed guide in this article.
English Pronouncing Dictionary App Overview and Details
Full wordlist and sample entries are available to preview the dictionary content and to try the app functionality.
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary (CEPD) contains over 230,000 pronunciations of words, names and phrases, including personal names, company names, and words related to science and technology. It is the definitive guide to contemporary pronunciation for British and American English.
***** Very useful! Ideal for those who want to improve their pronunciation. Thanks!
***** Absolutely love it. The best pronouncing dictionary every, great help for learners of English. Warning: no definitions, “just” pronunciation.
***** Very good in pronunciation teaching. Ideal for those who study or work in translation and interpretation and for English teachers, who should avoid the most errors with pronunciations.
**** Great source for spelling checks and pronunciation. Superb! Everyone needs it.
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation
• Favourites – to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent searches
• CEPD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form
• Android Share. Select any text on websites, emails and share with CEPD to get words’pronunciations
• Copy any text from other apps and choose ‘Look up clipboard’ in CEPD to see words’ pronunciations one by one
• Similar Words Search in case of misspelling
• Wildcard Search. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling
• Anagram Search (e.g. tab-bat)
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today’s global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
Features of English Pronouncing Dictionary for PC
educational market, we are proud to offer the most comprehensive range of language learning resources available.
|App Name:||English Pronouncing Dictionary On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Cambridge Learning (Cambridge University Press)|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Mar 3, 2017|
|Get it On:|
Download & Install English Pronouncing Dictionary On Your Pc: Windows 10/8/7
Installing English Pronouncing Dictionary on a windows computer requires you to install the popular Memu emulator first. If you want a way of how to install it, here is a step by step guide of getting it done:
- Step 1: Download the Memu android emulator on your computer from here and install it.
- Step 2: In the app, you can see the regular interface you usually see in a tab or an android phone.
- Step 3: To access the Play store, you need to log into y oru Google account with your Gmail account.
- Step 4: Log in, go to the search bar of Play store, and search for the English Pronouncing Dictionary. It will appear in the first result.
- Step 5: Click on the English Pronouncing Dictionary, and install the app on your computer. You won’t take more than a minute or so to complete the process.
Whats New In this English Pronouncing Dictionary?
Minor bug fixes
The English Pronouncing Dictionary application is a comprehensive application that helps users learn how to pronounce English words correctly. The application is easy to use and helps users improve their pronunciation skills.
Did the guide help you download and install the English Pronouncing Dictionary for PC? We’re glad if you have found it helpful. If you have questions regarding the emulator or the English Pronouncing Dictionary, let us know below.
We refer the ownership of This English Pronouncing Dictionary to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for English Pronouncing Dictionary and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at appsoworld, we also don’t use our own server to download the English Pronouncing Dictionary. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the English Pronouncing Dictionary.
If you have any query about the app or about appsoworld, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.